We’re here to spread love, not scratches! Think of this forum as a public park - no, not full of dogs, but a shared space where people can come together and feel safe and respected.
We want to make sure everyone feels listened to, which is why we’ve come up with these guidelines - so everyone can share their love of cats and spread pawsitivity!
Whether you’re here for cat nutrition, talking about your favourite KatKin products, or just gratuitous photos of balls of fluff, this is the space for you to do that.
We want to make sure you’re having a good time here, so have a browse of the topics already open - or start one of your own if you can’t see any you want to get involved with!
Sometimes you might see a post you disagree with (maybe you think Grumpy Cat wasn’t grumpy at all, just misunderstood), but don’t go on the attack in your reply. Remember, we’re all here for a shared love of cats, you can criticise ideas, but don’t attack your fellow cat parents. We don’t like to see:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
We’ve got moderators on hand to help you out if you need it!
If you notice members of the community acting badly, then please report it to us - you can do this by flagging it. Moderators can remove any content or user who is not acting within these guidelines - we want to leave our community better than how we found it
We don’t like rude dudes, so keep these four points in mind when posting:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our community. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalise the community.
This is a public community, and search engines have tabs on our chats, so keep the language, links, and images safe for family, friends, and most importantly, cats.
We want to make sure that everything is as easy as possible for everyone to find! Otherwise we might be searching for hours in ‘Feline Our Look’ for something that’s actually in Cat Chat
To keep it tidy, it’s as simple as…
- Make sure to start topic in the right category.
- Try not to repeat your posts in lots of topics and categories.
- Try and include photos and pictures wherever you can.
- Keep titles clear and simple so people know what they’re clicking.
- Use the like button for posts you like
If you’re sharing photos and videos, make sure you do so with the owners permission - so try and share as much of your own stuff as possible… We don’t want a copyright suit on our paws!
Yes, legalese is boring, but we have to protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.