Adoption stories!

It’s Adopt a Shelter Pet next week, and we’ve been chatting about how we all got our cats. There are some adoption stories on the team (for example Dr. Grant who adopted his cat, Snaggles, and has never been more in love!), and I wondered if you had any you wanted to share?

I’d love to hear them!

Miss cane came from Romania last December. Took three days in a van, through the snow! She was found by a charity with links to the uk in the street with a pack of ferals, but was so friendly they rescued her. Now she’s very spoilt.

1 Like

Clawdius was sitting by the side of a main road, six months old and skinny, covered in fleas. I knelt down to fuss him and he jumped on to my lap. I knew I couldn’t leave him there.

2 Likes

Molly Moomin was an ex breeding queen we adopted her from the breeder when they retired her and she is such a lovable little MC compared to our Reggie.

1 Like

It sounds like the long journey home was definitely worth it for all the fuss Miss Cane gets now she’s home with you. I love hearing stories like this! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Chetta came from Romania too; a tiny little thing, found under a car (and only by the grace of the person who found her letting her dogs off the lead early to their park run, so her tiny mews could be heard) and it took a month of the person going to the car, three times a day with food, for her then to venture out from underneath it. Her rescuer went with a towel and a cat box each time, in the hope that today would be the day to catch her. Eventually she was, and she soon made her way to me! We think her mum had given birth in the abandoned building next to the car, and died soon after, as Chetta would have only been 4-5 weeks old when she was eventually taken to the rescue centre.

1 Like

This is so touching! It is so sweet how he just leapt into your lap. Very glad you found each other :yellow_heart:

1 Like