Constipation on katkin

Hi guys,

I have noticed that over the last few months my cats have become very constipated when I feed them the katkin food. When they were on their gastrointestinal diet they both pooped everyday but since they have been on katkin they poo every 4 or 5 days. It’s really worrying for me as it’s not normal. I am considering going back to the gastrointestinal food purely because of that.

Hey,

As our fresh meals contain 95% real meat, and no grains or fillers they will contain less fibre than what you might have previously been feeding your cat so there will be a period of adjustment for their stomachs which is completely normal. :yellow_heart:

With the change in season, many cats can also struggle with increased constipation due to hairballs.

Adding a little hot water to our meals for a few days will help this. You can also try adding some psyllium husk powder to their meals if the addition of hot water doesn’t seem to be helping. Start by adding 1/4 teaspoon to their meals and if this doesn’t seem to be doing the trick after 3 days I would increase it to 1 teaspoon. Simply add it to their breakfast and dinner and stir it in. We don’t sell psyllium husk powder off our website, but the brand Nikki buys off Amazon for Kiki and Columbus is called Lepicol - https://amzn.to/3aXwsLS

If they’re still struggling after trying the above please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Shaianne :paw_prints: