Greedy cat. Clarence

My BSH Clarence eats all flavours of KatKin then looks for more. He sits under table when we eat and if anything drops it’s gone. So far banana blueberries, cake etc etc. I have to be so careful nothing drops on floor. He goes mad I mean really mad when the fridge opens and he thinks he getting KatKin. He’s 6 months old so not even fully grown yet. Is he greedy or hungry. He acts more like a dog than a cat :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

My 7-month, Mr Rochester is similar- except he jumps onto the dining table and kitchen counters. He knows how to get into the bread bin and food recycling bin so everything has to be stored away high up on top of cupboards. If we are having a family meal we now close him into a room to stop him stealing food off plates. I also have added in a small homemade meal at lunch additional to his two katkin daily portions as I didn’t want to increase my Katkin subscription but felt he needed a bit more to eat…

2 Likes

Sounds like Mr Rochester even more hungry or greedy than Clarence, is he a big cat.
A little meal at lunch time seems like a good idea but we work and are not always around to do that everyday. I don’t know what the answer is to fill him up…

I don’t think Mr Rochester is so big… but he is very well fed! If you’re not home at lunchtime, you could leave out some frozen Katkin, which will defrost during the morning, ready for Clarence when he has hunger pangs later?!

2 Likes

Like you, I don’t want to up my subscription to KatKin at the moment. Clarence is having the 200 calorie pouches per day 1/2 in morning 1/2 evening which should be adequate for his weight 3.2kg. Just wondered if a small amount of dried kibble mixed in would work. Although probably not the thing to do. He’ll just have to be happy with what he’s given :smile_cat:

1 Like

I’m not a vet dietitian or even medically trained, but my Tigger was like that when he was a kitten (he’s a Bengal). From what I found out through researching and speaking to other bengal owners, they grow in size (about 100g/week) until they’re a year old, and then they grow in bulk up to 18 months. I realised Tigger wasn’t getting enough food because he’s still growing and it sounds like since Clarence is only 6 months old, this could be the case. With it being colder too, he could be hungry? I still feed Tigger (10.5 years old) his Katkin pouches, but occasionally supplement this with freeze dried treats or a small handful of high quality dry food (no meat derivatives, sugar or grains in the ingredients) and it seems to satisfy him. Hope that helps

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I do think he’s hungry. Can you tell me which quality dried food you give to Tigger. I really don’t want to upset his tummy by giving him the wrong diet…My daughter has a Bengal boy called Boston and he eats a lot, supplemented by his many hunting expeditions in the garden
She also thinks Clarence could be hungry

Hi Bettykin! If you want us to increase the pouch sizes for Clarence to the next size up that might be worthwhile trying? It would save you having to add kibble to his meals :blue_heart:

Deffo try a bigger pouch size - I moved indigo up a size and it’s made all the difference!

Thanks for all your advise. For last 3 days have been giving Clarence 20g of natural quality kibble at lunch time. This seems to have made him much calmer. This doesn’t stop him wanting to eat when we eat and racing to the fridge when we open it. I do think he is greedy cat Clarence. I will probably up his pouch quantity as he grows

2 Likes

Greedy Cheeto loves his KatKin too much and was the same everytime I opened the fridge he comes racing downstairs! Luckily he is not tempted to eat hooman food as KatKins is so satisfying that we can sit next to him and eat our meal in peace! In fact de cat is so snobby that if I tempt him with a piece of meat of my plate he will not take it!! Loooooool

I do believe furball will calm down eventually as I had the same problem to start with when I started cheeto on katkin. He was never satisfied and wanted more pouches. Cheeto is now 10 months old with silky fur and is loving. He has been eating Katkins since he was 8 months old.

I previously had problems before that going through food from the supermarket etc which he would eat sometimes but 90 percent of the time it was an economical waste.

Seeing Katkins on Instagram was a lifesaver I initially had reservations about trying him on the food but by the end of the first week he was hooked we now call him Greedy Cheeto!

Have patience with Greedy Clarence he will settle down eventually.

1 Like

Clarence is definitely not hungry just enjoys eating anything. When food drops to floor accidentally he eats it. So far. Chips…pineapple…bananas…bread…cake/biscuits I could go on. He doesn’t seem to like lemons :pouting_cat:. He enjoys his KatKin but whoofs it down in seconds then knocks his bowl around for more :woman_facepalming: Greedy Cat Clarence :smile_cat::smile_cat:
Good to hear Cheeto doesn’t eat human food , maybe Clarence may change as he gets older

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: bless him!!!