Have you got a Black Cat?

I recently read that black cats are often overlooked in rescues, and typically take longer to be rehomed than other more ‘colourful’ cats…how sad is that?! :crying_cat_face:

Good luck, bad luck - who cares! After having a quick google, I’ve discovered that black cats are reported to live longer, as the gene that causes the fur to be black also protects them against certain diseases. How’s that for a cat fact?

We love ALL cats, and so I want us to show a little bit of love to our black cat community. If you’re lucky enough to have a black cat, please post a photo below so we can shower you with all the compliments :yellow_heart:

I care for about 12 feral cats that hang out where I work…8 of them are black.

This is Travis & Dave who are both brave little lads that chill out in the office!! Travis is at least 14, which is a fantastic age for a feral, & Dave’s 6. We’ve had him & his 2 sisters since they were kittens

1 Like

[quote=“Elissa_KatKin, post:1, topic:399, full:true”]
I recently read that black cats are often overlooked in rescues, and typically take longer to be rehomed than other more ‘colourful’ cats…how sad is that?! :crying_cat_face:

Good luck, bad luck - who cares! After having a quick google, I’ve discovered that black cats are reported to live longer, as the gene that causes the fur to be black also protects them against certain diseases. How’s that for a cat fact?

We love ALL cats, and so I want us to show a little bit of love to our black cat community. If you’re lucky enough to have a black cat, please post a photo below so we can shower you with all the compliments :yellow_heart:
[/quote]

1 Like

What an amazing duo, Louise! I think we’d definitely benefit for a few more cats hanging out in the office (but we do get a visit from Kiki and Molly (Nikki and Brett’s cats) every now and then! :joy_cat:

They certainly make going to work a lot more enjoyable!! This is MJ

She’s just back from a visit to the vet…nasty bites on her tail; hence the Poodle look!! I wish I could afford to put them all on a Katkin diet…maybe if I win the lottery :rofl:xx

2 Likes

Hey Elissa! I have a black cat! This is Nero- and he’s posting on a quilt I made for him (it was in progress in this photo)

Black cats are the best!

1 Like