Is your cat drinking more water since starting KakKin?

My cat used to be on a wet diet before KatKin and I was hardly seeing him drinking any water.

Since he started KatKin he is always drinking water, takes a couple of bites of food, then water, then food again.

Just wanted to check if other cat owners noticed the same increase in the water intake.

1 Like

Hello,

It’s not uncommon to see a change in drinking habits when switching your cat onto a new diet. There are a couple of things that could be contributing to this.

Some canned/pouched diets will have more water content compared to fresh diets, like Katkin, so they may compensate by drinking a little bit more. KatKin diets are high in protein and the increased protein metabolism may drive increased water intake, compared to their old diet.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to get in touch!

Best wishes,

Grant
In-House Vet at KatKin

2 Likes

I’ve found that Willow drinks very little water unless from a running tap. But he loves the lactose free milk and drinks 100 ml a day.

Thanks Grant, the food might have not been the reason why he drinks more water, I actually had to take him to the vet as he had a urinary infection/inflammation. Vet put him on the usual Royal Canin Urinary that I am not a fan of… and some medication.
Since he was being sick immediately after eating Royal Canin, I got him back on KatKin and now he seems better.

1 Like

Oh no! So glad he is better! Hopefully, he will be much better from here onwards!

Take care,

Grant

Hi I adopted Augustus 6 months ago and I have never seen him drinking water. He has been in a wet diet and I add sime water to his food. He uninates twice a day (sometime three times). Is this OK?