New to Kat Kin advice needed

Hi there,

I’ve just started my kitten on Katkin and have a couple of questions!

I’ve found once it’s defrosted in the fridge it’s quite cold and I don’t have a microwave. Is it okay to leave out a room temperature or does it need to be kept in the fridge?

I am introducing him a little bit at a time so just wondering how many days will an open packet last?

I’m also looking at maybe giving him half Katkin and half good quality dry biscuits as my vet says he needs to be on a dental diet to help prevent tooth decay, does anyone else do this?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Louise!

We’re so excited to welcome you to the KatKin Club :heart_eyes_cat:

Our Fresh meals do need to be stored in the fridge and freezer as we’ve chosen not to add any nasty food preservatives to them. Once defrosted our pouches can be kept unopened in the fridge for up to 5 days. Once opened, a pouch should be eaten within 3 days.

That being said, if your little one prefers their Fresh meals slightly less chilly you can always add a little warm water to the food as leaving KatKin out may cause it to dry a little and become less appealing!

If you would still prefer to continue feeding dry food, that’s ok! We would just need to keep an eye on your kitten’s weight, as our meals would be perfectly portioned to their daily calories needs, so anything gained from eating their dry biscuits would be in addition to this.

Feel free to drop a message to the lovely team at meow@katkin.club who will have loads of handy tips and be happy to help however they can :yellow_heart:

1 Like